Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday shows coming up!



Likely my last two shows of the year--this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. I've been playing around with holiday themed pieces and small items that would make nice gifts--magnets, ornaments and small stone plaques.
I'm also going to have a few new lamps, two very different from any others I've made. The one shown here is made of stones from the Taconic Mountains in Copake, NY. The top stone has a lot of iron in it; in fact, in the late 19th century, Copake was home to Copake Iron Works, the country's main supply of iron products. Between the iron and colorful quartz swirls, these stones make for some very interesting pieces.
So, Saturday I'll be at the Durham Craft Market Holiday Show and Sunday at the Big Barn in the Daniel Boone shopping center. It should be a great end to a fun, creative and productive year.

No comments:

Post a Comment